The Group actively looks for new members to join the Friends of Sowerby Bridge Railway Station and membership costs £5 per year if you’re in employment, £5 for businesses or just £1 if you’re unemployed, retired or a student.
There are a number of reasons you may want to become a member of the Group, including:
• To make new friends;
• If you have an interest in gardening;
• If you have a few hours to spare and would like to help improve the town’s station.
• If you’re a local business, you may want to show your support in return for acknowledgements on our website and newsletter
The Group holds an ‘open’ Committee Meeting on a monthly basis, where everyone (members and non-members) are welcome. We use these informal sessions to update members on how we’re progressing with projects and initiatives; and to maintain member interest.
We also hold a monthly Strategy Team meeting where we talk about the overall direction of the group and what we want to achieve.
Our volunteers commit as much, or as little, as they choose. Activities are varied and can include:
• Helping with the weeding, watering and tending of the station’s flower tubs/planters;
• Clearing litter and keeping the station clean and tidy;
• Assisting with station user surveys; station events and other group initiatives;
• Working on specific initiatives/projects with the Strategy Team - for those with more time and specific skills/experience and who want to get more involved.
• Providing donations/help with fund raising so the Group can make specific purchases to achieve one of our many projects.
If you’re interested in joining or supporting the Friends of Sowerby Bridge Railway Station, please email us via the contacts page.